Hello everyone, today I’m going to show you how to make an amazing buffalo chicken dip. This dip is great for an appetizer at any game, party, or small get together. It’s quick and very easy to make, so let’s get to it!
First let me start with the ingredients you will need
- 4-5 Thin Slices Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Bottle of Your Favorite Buffalo Sauce (I use franks buffalo & hot buffalo sauce to add an extra kick, I’ll explain later why I mix the two)
- 8oz of Ranch Dressing
- 1 Bag of Finely Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Stick of Cream Cheese (or about 8-10oz if you don’t have the sticks)
Alright, after you have everything it’s time to start preparing.
- Start with boiling a pot of water on the stove, big enough to fit all your chicken.
- Take your chicken breast and clean them to your liking.
- Take your chicken and put them all in the pot to boil (do not add any seasoning to the chicken)
Next up, you’re going to let the chicken breast boil for about 20 minutes. Until they look something like this
- After the chicken has boiled & cooled, start shredding the chicken in to your bowl (you going to want to shred as thin as possible)
- After shredded, add 8oz of Cream Cheese & mix. (make sure the cream cheese is room temp for easier mixing, microwave if necessary)
- Add about 7-8oz of ranch dressing & mix.
- Time to add the hot sauce! Here is where I explain to you why I use two different sauces. I use buffalo sauce strictly for the flavor & hot buffalo to add a tiny bit of kick. I like spicy, if you don’t skip the hot buffalo and just add regular buffalo.
- Add about 8oz & mix. (If you choose to mix both use 4oz buffalo, 4oz hot buffalo)
**Now is a good time to pre heat your oven at 350 degrees.**
- Once you’ve mixed everything I would suggest to add a handful of the finely shredded cheddar cheese just because who doesn’t like more cheese?
- You will now need a baking pan to transfer the dip into. Spread it out evenly, not to thick because it will take longer to cook.
- After you have done that, you’re going to add another layer of shredded cheese on top like so. (The more cheese added it will most likely lower how hot your dip will taste)
- Your oven should be nice and preheated by now, time to place your dip in for about 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Let cool for about 5-10 minutes pair with your fav chips and it is ready to serve!
(If your dip isn’t spicy enough to your liking you can always mix more in)
- I love bacon, on EVERYTHING. If you love bacon as much as I do, prepare some bacon extra crispy! Crunch/chop into bits and sprinkle over your dip. You can even add this step in while mixing everything together. Here is a few pictures on how mine came out.
Thank you everyone! Please like and comment below letting me know how your own came out! Remember to follow me on Instagram for a quick “how to” video. Enjoy!